The Experience And Knowledge You Need In High-Asset Divorce
Divorce can be complicated, even when couples have a relatively simple marital estate. When a divorce involves significant or complex assets, however, it creates ample room for errors, omissions and money left “on the table.” To ensure your high-asset divorce goes smoothly and that you receive your fair share of the estate, it is important to work with an experienced attorney like our lawyers at Stebelton Snider.
Based in Lancaster, our firm has been serving clients in central and southeastern Ohio since 1978. We have helped countless other clients, and we can help you, too.
Let Us Simplify Your Most Complex Divorce Issues
We have a comprehensive family law practice, but we also offer representation in many related areas like business law and litigation, estate law and real estate. As such, we are highly knowledgeable in the very subjects that make high-asset divorce so complex. When you work with our firm, we can guide you through all aspects of your divorce and property division with a special focus on:
- Valuation and protection of a closely held business
- Division of multiple real estate assets, including the marital residence, vacation homes, and investment and rental properties
- Unique assets that either spouse may have through employment, including deferred compensation packages, employee stock options and various retirement plans
- Diverse stock and investment portfolios
- Accounting for all martial assets, including those that your spouse may be trying to hide
Our family law practice is led by Partners Ben Swain and Paul Hensley, both members of the Ohio State Bar Association with nearly 30 years of family law experience between them.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods May Be Right For Your Case
At Stebelton Snider, we focus on achieving solutions through methods that work best for our clients. In addition to traditional litigation, we can help you utilize alternatives like collaborative law, negotiation or mediation.
These methods, which fall under the umbrella of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), provide numerous benefits for clients going through a high-asset divorce. These include:
- Maintaining privacy by keeping your divorce largely out of court
- Finding negotiated solutions that give both parties more control over the outcomes
- The ability to create highly customized agreements in consultation with professionals in finance, child well-being and custody matters, mental health, tax law and more
In addition to the benefits above, ADR methods are often faster, less expensive and allow for more flexible scheduling than courtroom litigation.
Contact Us For Skilled And Personable Representation
To learn more about what our talented family law attorneys can do for you, call us in Lancaster at 740-654-4141 to schedule an initial consultation. You can also submit an online contact form.