A Law Firm Offering Experienced Guidance In Trust And Estate Administration
If you have taken on the role of estate administrator or trustee, you are doing important and meaningful work. But it is also complex work, and mistakes can be costly. Whether you are an experienced administrator/trustee or are new to the role, you could likely use some skilled guidance from an attorney.
You can find the help you need at Stebelton Snider. Our Lancaster firm has been serving clients in estate law matters since 1978, and we have become a trusted resource for clients throughout central and southeastern Ohio.
We Partner With And Advise Trustees On A Wide Variety Of Legal Matters
Whether you are administering a corporate trust or an individual one, we can help you:
- Understand your duties and responsibilities as the successor trustee to a living trust once the settlor has passed away
- Interpret trust terms and provisions
- Distribute the assets and terminate the trust at the appropriate time
- Prepare and submit federal and state tax returns related to trust income
- Prepare and submit fiduciary returns (Form 1041)
- Resolve disputed issues out of court using private settlement agreements
- Define or clarify your responsibilities on dispute issues through the use of declaratory judgment actions
When Ohio enacted its version of the Uniform Trust Code in 2008, the responsibilities of trustees throughout the state changed substantially, especially with respect to notice and reporting requirements. Our attorneys are thoroughly familiar with the law’s provisions and can explain how they affect your duties.
Speak To Our Experienced Attorneys About Your Estate Needs
Stebelton Snider advises local and out-of-state fiduciaries on trust matters, estate administration and probate litigation problems. For additional information about the scope of our trusts and estates practice, contact us online or call our office in Lancaster at 740-654-4141.